Green Eggs & Ham
|Serving Size: 1/4 of yield|
|Calories 91||Calories from Fat 27|
|% Daily Value *|
|Total Fat 3g||5%|
|this table provides nutrition breakdown for fats|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1g|
|Trans Fat 0g|
|Total Carbohydrate 5g||2%|
|nutrition breakdown for carbohydrates|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
|protein nutritional details|
|vitamins nutritional details|
|Vitamin A||18%||Vitamin C||30%|
|daily values disclaimer|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
|Prep Time:||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time:||20 Minutes|
|Serving Size:||1/4 of yield|
- Set oven to broil and remove husks from tomatillos. Place tomatillos on a baking sheet and broil for 5 minutes, or until the tops are soft. Remove from the oven and use fork to mash. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, diced onions, and garlic. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add kale, spinach, parsley, and mashed tomatillos to the pan and cook for an additional 8 minutes. Stir and add diced ham, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Form a large circle with ingredient mixture, about ½ inch thick.
- Add egg whites on top. Cover the pan with a lid and let cook for 5 minutes or until desired doneness.
- Divide mixture into four equal portions and serve.
Journal It! 70 protein calories • ½ serving vegetables • ½ serving fat