New Year’s resolutions can motivate you to the begin a weight loss journey, but sticking with your intentions, fighting off cravings, and accomplishing your goals can be difficult. Make your weight loss New Year’s resolutions stick with these tips:
- Seek help from physicians. Knowing that you’re not alone in the weight loss process can be more reassuring. By participating in our physician-supervised weight loss program you can receive a healthy eating plan and get advice on how to develop lifelong habits.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Did you know getting fewer than seven hours a night can have a negative effect on your weight loss efforts? Sleep deprivation affects the hunger hormone, which influences appetite regulation. Also having less sleep impacts your energy levels leaving you without the fuel you need to be active.
- Identify your deterrents. By recognizing emotional triggers, you will be able to find ways to deal with them. Common triggers that often lead to overeating include stress, fatigue, and relationship problems. If work tends to stress you out, try taking a walk during your break or a bicycle ride after work with family.
- Treat yourself. Every milestone you cross, reward yourself with a new fitness accessory. You will not only look great, but you will be excited to show off what you worked so hard to earn.
- Make your goals positive. Replace the words “I won’t” or “I can’t” with “I will” to attract positive thinking. Instead of saying “I won’t watch television every day after work” transform your goals to “After work I will take a 30-minute walk.”
- Set realistic goals. Most people fail because they set goals which are nearly impossible to achieve and then they give up. When you join our program, our providers will help you determine the healthiest weight for you!
- Make exercise goals relevant. Incorporate your interests and hobbies into your weight loss goals, so you will look forward to working out. Are you a runner? What about a run through your favorite park? If you are a swimmer maybe set aside a few days a week to take a dip!
- Gauge your progress. Record your weight each day and keep a journal with the calories you consume each day. By tracking your progress, you will stay motivated to continue your weight loss journey. Log into the Signature Patient Website and log your day in our online journal! Remember, your providers can review your journal and help you make healthier choices.
Are you ready to take on your weight loss goals? Find a location near you to learn more about our program and how our providers can help you live your healthiest life!