Think you’re saving money by skipping a visit? Think again! It may take you longer to reach your weight loss goal, resulting in more time in the program, and, thus, more money.* When you’re trying to lose weight, commitment and consistency are important. Don’t let missed visits keep you from reaching your goals! The Medi-Weightloss® Program offers accountability and ongoing support, both of which have been found to help people lose weight and maintain their weight loss. Here are five other tips to help you win the weight loss battle.
- Keep a Journal. It’s important to record what you eat throughout the day. You may find that you’re eating more than you thought when you track those small bites or tastes that often go unrecorded. Be specific and include everything, even condiments, gum, and mints. Every miniature candy bar or spoonful of ice cream can add up to unwanted pounds. Don’t just record your caloric intake. Record your workouts, too! Maintaining a consistent fitness routine is vital to maintaining weight loss.
- Connect! If you put your goals out there, you can’t pretend like you didn’t make the promise. A commitment to you is great, but many people find public accountability to be an even greater motivator. Join the conversation on the Medi-Weightloss® Facebook and Twitter pages for support, tips, and bragging rights!
- See the Big Picture. It’s great to lose weight for your daughter’s wedding or to get back into your favorite jeans, but losing weight is about more than the changes on the scale. Recognize the benefits of being healthier, such as more energy or better sleep. Maybe you feel less anxious and more confident. Maybe you are able to work out longer or more intensely. All of these are benefits of your hard work and dedication. Celebrate them.
- Use the Buddy System. A workout buddy can help you stick to your goals and gives you another person to be accountable to. It’s harder to skip a workout when your friend is waiting for you. Plus, if one of you is having a bad day or feeling less than game for your workout, the other can step in for motivation and encouragement.
- Think Green. Save money and lose weight! The chances of spending more money during your weight loss journey are greater if you skip your appointments. Let our Medi-Weightloss® Experts help you stay on track to a healthier lifestyle. Slim your waistline not your wallet.
Based on Clinical Outcomes Research that found that at week 12, patients who missed less than two visits achieved 21% greater median weight loss than patients who missed 2-3 visits, and 68% greater median weight loss than patients who missed four or more visits. Email ClinicalOutcomes@mediweightloss.com to learn more. On average, patients compliant with the Medi-Weightloss® Program lose 6.4 pounds the first week and 14 pounds the first month. Rapid weight loss may be associated with certain medical conditions and should only be considered by those who are medically appropriate.