Independence Day is almost here! A day that is known for fireworks, barbecues, and of course apple pie! Just because you are trying to eat healthy, doesn't mean you have to skip out on the festivities. Follow these tips to ensure you have a safe and healthy holiday weekend.
- If you plan on going to a BBQ party, ask if you can bring your own dish. This way you won’t have to worry about not eating healthy. Try grilling up our Grilled Zucchini or Grilled Salmon Burgers
- Don’t linger at the food table, as this can lead to mindless munching. Instead, grab healthy choices and sit with your family and friends.
- Before filling up your plate do a lap. Survey your selections first; as this will help, you narrow down your options.
- Get active. Celebrate by being active and having fun with loved ones. You could start an annual tradition with your family, such as a kickball or volleyball tournament.
- No matter where you are, you can’t deny July is hot! Make sure to drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated. Or drink an ice cold shake to cool down. Try one of our healthy Fourth of July themed shakes: Apple Pie Delight Shake, or Strawberry Cobbler.
- Dish up a patriotic ending. Bring something that is red, white, and blue such as our Patriotic Parfait. This sweet treat is packed with nutrients and is low in calories.
For additional recipes, visit the Signature Patient Website. And here’s to red, white, and yum!
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Active Medi-Weightloss® patients should consult the experts at their location on whether the recipes are appropriate for their stage of the program.