St. Patrick’s Day is nearly here and that means spring is nearly here too! St. Patrick’s Day, a celebration of Irish culture, is mainly known for food, parades, and good times with friends and family! These recipes will allow you to celebrate the day in a healthier way!
- Spring Green Fruit Salad — Sweet fruits, crunchy nuts and creamy, diced avocado give this fruit bowl a burst of flavor.
- Shepherd’s Pie — Enjoy the taste of Shepherd’s Pie without the guilt. This recipe features yummy cauliflower.
- Corned Beef and Cabbage — It wouldn’t be St. Patrick’s Day without corned beef! This is a low-carb version of the holiday standard.
- Colcannon — The most traditional of all Irish dishes is Colcannon, which is made, chiefly, of the most traditional Irish veggie – the potato. Replace the potatoes in your favorite recipe with the versatile cauliflower.
- Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Pops — These are so yummy it’s hard to believe they are good for you! You’ll never guess the healthy, hidden ingredient!
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Active Medi-Weightloss® patients should consult the experts at their location on whether the foods are appropriate for their stage of the program.