Have you been feeling stressed lately? Are you looking for some natural ways to help remedy the feeling? Believe it or not, the foods you eat can impact your overall stress levels. Oftentimes when you are stressed you tend to seek comfort in high-calorie or sugary snacks but making healthier choices might be just want you need to actually find some relief. Consider these ingredients the next time you whip up a snack:
1. Spinach - It might not be exactly the sweet treat you are craving, but spinach is rich in folate, which produces dopamine — a pleasure-inducing brain chemical. Consider a spinach and berry smoothie! Visit the Signature Patient Website to find some delicious spinach recipes.
2. Nuts - Almonds contain vitamin B, which can make you more resilient when you face stress. Spread almond butter onto a few apple slices or add to celery for a healthier alternative to peanut butter. Surprisingly, almond butter contains more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than peanut butter making it slightly healthier.
3. Oatmeal - Did you know oatmeal helps with the production of serotonin? This feel-good chemical not only lifts your mood, it also can help you overcome stress. Try our Maple Brown Sugar Oatmeal or Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. You can also top your oatmeal with some fresh berries!
4. Dark chocolate - A study performed by the , found that females who consumed 40g of chocolate during a 2-week period, reported to be not as stressed after eating chocolate. Eating chocolate also, triggers natural endorphins that make eaters feel happier. Try our Dark Chocolate Sensations today!
5. Blueberries - Research shows that the phytonutrients found in blueberries help to fight stress. Looking for something that is a little bit more filling, then rip open our Blueberry Pomegranate Protein Bar!