Are you looking for the perfect summer treat to beat the heat? Frozen treats like traditional ice cream and flavored shaved ice are often loaded with sugar and unnecessary calories but don't worry, we found a way to satisfy that craving! Combining the sweetness of birthday cake and the creaminess of ice cream, our Birthday Cake Ice Cream recipe will have your whole family asking for a bowl! See below for the full recipe.
EBOOK ALERT! Keep an eye out for our newest recipe eBook Summer Eats and Frozen Treats filled with healthy and delicious recipes to keep you cool while the sun is out!
Birthday Cake Ice Cream:
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Serves: 2
- Serving size: 1 bowl
- 1 scoop Medi-Weightloss® Birthday Cake Premium Protein
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
- ½ small banana
- ¼ cup almond milk, vanilla, unsweetened
- Prep the ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions (i.e., freeze ice cream bowl for 24 hours).
- Using a blender, blend all ingredients.
- Pour into ice cream machine and churn for 5-10 minutes. Scrape sides of ice cream bowl with spatula or knife occasionally.
- Serve immediately or store in freezer for firmer texture.
- Journal It! 145 protein calories • ½ serving fruit • 1 serving miscellaneous
- Calories: 189
- Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 17g
- Protein: 28g