When it comes to losing weight, beginning your journey with your friends or loved ones is a good thing! In fact, one study (Wing & Jeffery) found that 95% of people who joined a weight loss program with friends or family lost weight and 66% maintained their weight loss. Also, according to our research, patients who joined our program with a partner lost, on average, 24% more weight than those who joined alone! Reaching a healthy weight can lead to improved appearance and confidence. It can also reduce the risk for developing over 30 health conditions and complications, including high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes. It boils down to this, don’t keep your new healthy habits to yourself, bring them home, share with your loved ones and have them join you on your journey!
Have you decided to join the program with a friend or loved one? Here are five ways to boost your weight loss partner’s confidence when the going gets tough:
- Be patient with each other. Losing weight isn’t easy so encourage each other and remember that Medi-Weightloss® is here to help!
- Think of exercise as bonding time. Scheduling regular workouts with your weight loss partner will help you stay accountable to each other. Put your weekly workouts in your calendar each weekend and keep the date.
- Give compliments. A positive comment or word of encouragement might just be that extra push your partner needs.
- Cook healthy (and tasty) meals together! Think meal prep Sunday! You can visit MediWeightloss.com com for some tasty and nutritious recipe ideas.
- Have fun. There are countless ways to have fun and burn calories at the same time. Join a local ultimate Frisbee team or try hula hooping in the driveway with the kids. If you are thinking about joining with a significant other, consider date night. Try something new like salsa dancing! Many communities offer free or low-cost classes.