Did you know almonds pack quite the disease-fighting punch? In a report published in The New England Journal of Medicine, increasing nut consumption has been linked to reducing the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, and lowering LDL-C levels. This small tree nut also is high in both protein and fiber, which helps create the feeling of fullness. Here are some important almond quick facts to consider:
- Almonds exert an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant rich effect that in combination help lower your risk of heart disease.
- Almonds contain phytonutrients that support beneficial gut microbes.
- The fat and fiber content that each little nut contains can help you improve feelings of satiety and fullness.
- Almonds have been shown to promote healthy blood vessels and reduce insulin resistance.
- Despite these nuts being somewhat calorie-dense, the research conducted on their nutrition benefits do not support a link with weight gain. In fact, they have been linked to less weight gain and lower risk of obesity.
Wondering how to add a few almonds to your daily meal plan? Grab one of our protein bars! Each bar only contains 100 calories, making it the perfect on-the-go snack. Try our Chocolate Celebration, Peanut Butter Temptation, or Blueberry Pomegranate Bliss - each contains almonds! You can also spread almond butter onto a few apple slices, use as a spread for bananas, or add to celery for a healthier alternative to peanut butter. Surprisingly almond butter contains more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than peanut butter making it slightly healthier!