Do you often feel sluggish? Do you find yourself dragging through your day, constantly reaching for that cup of coffee? Don’t feel alone, according to the CDC, “around 15.3 percent of women and 10.1 percent of men regularly feel very tired or exhausted in the United States.” Tiredness can affect you in many ways and working towards preventing those constant yawns should be on your priority list. Where should you begin? We found a few ways to consider below:
- Get more rest: According to The American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the Sleep Research Society, “people aged between 18 and 60 years needs 7 or more hours of sleep every day to promote optimal health.” Set a reminder for yourself, managing a sleep schedule can be tough but in the long run very helpful. Consider a warm bath an hour before bed to help you unwind; incorporating relaxing smells or an herbal tea can help as well.
- Eat the right foods: think heart healthy foods. Whole grains, fruits and veggies should serve as your point of reference. Visit your local fresh market for seasonal veggies to add variety to your meals.
- Stay hydrated: Be sure to keep hydrated. You should be drinking half your body weight in ounces a day. Add lemon/lime, mint, or cucumber to your water for added flavor.
- Get up and get moving: Living an active lifestyle can increase your energy levels. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Physical Guidelines for Americans advises that “all adults need 2 hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity exercise per week and muscle-strengthening activities that work all the major muscle groups on 2 or more days per week.” Call a friend and set up a walk in the park, or go for a walk during your lunch hour. Doing a little online research could go a long way, oftentimes many local fitness locations will offer a free class or complimentary day pass. You can also try our InterActive Exercise program. InterActive Exercise is a convenient, compact, and portable fitness program designed to help you increase lean muscle mass and burn extra body fat faster. Our InterActive Exercise Activator comes with all the tools and education you need to get a full-body workout, anytime.
- Manage your stress: it is proven that exercise can help with this. Getting some physical activity can help release those feel good endorphins.
Visit our website today to learn more about our InterActive Exercise program and how you can take charge of your tiredness today.