At Medi-Weightloss® the safety and well-being of our patients is of the utmost importance at all of our locations. We have evolved our program and brought you telemedicine and curbside pickup. We are taking all necessary precautions to help keep you safe. We recognize that your normal exercise routine may have been interrupted. Below are 10 reasons to stay active and some helpful tips on exercising outdoors and at home. Regular exercise and physical activity may help you:
- Control your weight.
- Reduce your risk of heart diseases.
- Manage blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Reduce stress and improve mental health and mood.
- Quit smoking.
- Keep your thinking, learning, and judgment skills sharp as you age.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Reduce your risk of some cancers.
- Reduce your risk of falling.
- Improve sleep.
Chances are you are unable to head to the gym, but exercising outdoors is a great option. Below are some ideas for exercising outdoors. Be sure to follow social distancing guidelines and bring hand sanitizer with you.
- Head outside for a brisk walk or jog with a family member, your dog, or solo. Keep track of your miles or minutes and try to add more time each day.
- Ride your bike around the neighborhood or on a safe sidewalk or bike trail. If you have access to a steeper incline like a hill, climbing can get your heart rate up just as much as speed.
- Warm weather is here in some parts of the country, and that means pool time! Take a swim or do some water aerobics.
- Create an outdoor obstacle course or fitness challenge with your family. Use what’s available to you and make it a fun family competition! Set up traditional stations like bodyweight squats, plans, and sprints or try something different - jumping rope, sports drills, and even hopscotch.
- Now’s a great time to do some spring yard clean up and gardening while burning calories. Check two things off your list.
If you are looking for a replacement for your favorite fitness class or to supplement outdoor cardio with strength and flexibility routines, there are many options online that can be done at home.
- The Signature Patient Website features fitness routines, an exercise library, and an exercise journal. Check it out if you have not already. If you need at home fitness equipment, we recommend our resistance bands. Shop online at Shop.MediWeightloss.com. link to https://shop.mediweightloss.com/InterActive-Exercise_c_21.html
- Many local gyms are offering low-cost or free online classes. Check with your gym or your favorite instructor.
- Search for at-home workouts on YouTube to find some great workouts at many different fitness levels.
- Create your own circuit by choosing 5 exercises. Do each exercise for 1 minute, rest for 2 minutes, then repeat three to five times. Switch up the exercises each day to work different muscle groups.
Sometimes the hardest part is getting started with a new routine. Be sure to stay active during this stressful time; you’ll feel great after each workout! Talk to your provider today for more information on ways to keep your exercise routine going when the going gets tough.