Known for its exquisite presentation and complexity of favors, Thai food is as beautiful to look at as it is delicious to taste. A typical Thai meal is not even considered satisfying unless it combines the salty, sweet, sour, and spicy into one culinary delight. Not only can Thai food provide extreme flavor, it can do so in a healthy way. Here are five Thai recipes to try out in your kitchen.
- Bang Bang Chicken: A delicious spin on the popular BoneFish Grill® shrimp dish, this version is spicy, sweet, and delicious.
- Steamed Fish with Lime, Garlic, and Chiles: For this dish, use the freshest fish you can find and don’t overcook it.
- Crunchy Thai Salad: Courtesy of Jamie Oliver's The Naked Chef cookbook, this salad features fresh red peppers, show peas, spinach, and bok choy for a nutrient-dense lunch or light dinner.
- Thai Peanut Chicken Curry: This delicious restaurant dish can be lightened up even more at home by using reduced fat (or light) coconut milk.
- Thai Meatball Lettuce Wraps: Whether it’s your appetizer or main course, lettuce wraps are a great way to skip the bread. Use lean ground pork, turkey, or beef (whichever suits your taste).
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Active Medi-Weightloss® patients should consult the experts at their location on whether the recipes are appropriate for their stage of the program.