If you want a home-cooked meal but don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen, look no further than the slow cooker. Slow cooker recipes are nutritious, fast, and require no attention while cooking (except maybe the occasional stir). Essentially, you can turn it on, throw in your ingredients, and come home to a hot meal. Following are some easy, healthy slow cooker recipes.
- Thai Green Curry Chicken: This is at-home version of you favorite restaurant curry is lower in fat and calories than any dish you would find on a restaurant menu. Replace the chicken with tofu to make this recipe vegetarian.
- Ham and “Split Pea” Soup: Not sure what to do with all that leftover holiday ham? This soup uses pureed cauliflower and green beans in place of split peas.
- Breakfast Casserole: Sunday brunch just got a lot easier! Simply prepare the ingredients the night before and add the eggs right before you turn on the slow cooker. In the morning, you’ll have a warm, flavorful breakfast that’s as bright and healthy as you are.
- Cilantro-Lime Chicken: What could be better than tender, juicy chicken with a kick of cilantro and lime? Finger licking good for sure!
- Cauliflower, Bacon, and Cheese Soup: Recreate the flavor of potato soup without the unwanted carbohydrates. You won’t even notice the potatoes are missing.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Active Medi-Weightloss® patients should consult the experts at their location on whether the recipes are appropriate for their stage of the program.