It’s the question we dread the most at the end of a long day, “What’s for dinner?” Like a deer in headlights, we peer into the fridge hoping something will magically pop out before opening the takeout menu drawer. The average American consumes high-calorie, high-fat restaurant fare 4.8 times a week. Save your wallet and your waistline with these under 20 minute recipes instead.
- Mustard-Crusted Salmon: This updated French bistro dish makes a simple dinner any night of the week. You might want to consider doubling the batch and using the remaining salmon in a tossed salad the next day.
- In Your Sleep Chili: The name of this recipe says it all. No-prep ingredients, such as canned diced tomatoes, chili beans, and vegetable juice, means you can have this in the slow cooker in under 15 minutes.
- Turkey Burgers: These burgers have a kick to them. Substitute low-fat or olive oil mayo and serve atop mixed greens.
- Mexican Pulled Beef: You literally throw everything into the slow cooker and let it do its thing. Come dinner time, you have a delicious meal!
- Italian Stewed Tomatoes and Bean Salad: Take onions, tomatoes, beans, and a dash of Italian dressing and you have a healthy, quick vegetarian meal.
This information is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be an exhaustive examination of the subject matter nor a substitute for medical advice. Always consult your primary care physician or healthcare provider before beginning any diet or exercise program.
Active Medi-Weightloss® patients should consult the experts at their location on whether the recipes are appropriate for their stage of the program.